The Pulse Output Device (POD) converts the rotary motion of Liquid Controls flowmeters into a high resolution, unscaled pulse stream that equal the volumetric measurements of the meter.
The Pulse Output Device mounts directly to the front cover of the flow meter in place of the packing gland. The motion of the meter’s blocking rotor is magnetically coupled through a stainless steel wall to the electronics compartment of the POD. This eliminates the dynamic seal of the packing gland and isolates the electronics from the process fluid in the meter.
The electronic pulses generated by the POD is easily adapted to a wide variety of electronic monitoring devices and control equipment.
The POD’s pulse stream is accepted by LC registers and a wide variety of other electronic monitoring devices and control equipment.
- Glandless drive
- No dynamic seals to fail and leak.
- Unscaled pulse output
- Easily adapts to remote totalizers, batch controllers, computers, PLC’s and other pulse receiving devices
- No amplifier or signal conditioner required
- All wetted parts are 316 Stainless Steel or equivalent.
- Meets current environmental standards: Weights & Measures; NEMA 4X; Class I, Div. 1 & 2, Groups C & D; DNV 11 ATEX 01600X and IECEx DNV 11.0012X
- 350 PSI (24 BAR) working pressure rating
- Weatherproof UL/CSA Type 4X and IP66 design.
- Burst pressure exceeds 1,750 PSI (121 BAR)
- ½” NPT conduit port with a removable screw terminal block
- High Resolution, Square Wave, Single or Dual Channel Pulse Output.
- Voltage: 9 to 30 VDC; POD5 is 5 VDC
- Current supply: 50 mA maximum
- Output Signal Resolution: 100 pulses per channel per revolution, unscaled
- Square Wave: Single channel output (channel A or channel B)
Quadrature channel output channel A and channel B
- Pulse Timing: Nominal 50% on and 50% off
- Rise/Fall Time of Pulse: <5 μs
- Operating Temperature Range: -40 to 176 °F (-40 to 80 °C)
- Humidity Range: 0-100 %, noncondensing
- Output: Current sinking 100 mA maximum in “ON” state
V+ supply @ 2.2 KΩ in “OFF” state
Optional Open Drain FET (Field Effect Transistor)
FET rating (drain to source voltage) 30 VDC maximum
- Shock: 50 G’s for 10 ms
- Vibration: 1 G at 10-150 Hz
- Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMI, RFI, etc.): • EU Directive 2004/108/EC (EMC) • IEC 61000-4-2 • IEC 61000-4-3 • IEC 61000-4-5 • IEC 61000-4-6 • IEC 61000-4-17 • IEC 61000-4-29 • IEC 61000-6-3 • ISO 7637-2
- Pulse Transmission Distance: Up to 5,000 feet (1,524 meters)
- Operates in bidirectional flow applications