The LC Sound Air Detector improves the critical accuracy of metered fuel delivery
Pumps have been falsely accused of being too efficient and pumping air into the delivery hose, especially on split compartment deliveries and testing.
To address this requirement for air elimination, Liquid Controls introduced the LC Sound, an ultrasonic air sensor which works in conjunction with the Gas Extractor to eliminate air pockets and entrained air from the product. This allows the meter to then measure only liquid and no air, making measurement far more accurate.
The LC Sound continuously monitors the presence of air/gas in the product during a delivery. On detection of air, the LC sound signals the preset valve to reduce the product flow-rate. Once the air has been eliminated through the gas extractor, the flow will revert back to high flow. Where there are large amounts of air present, an air check valve will stop the product flow completely until the air has been removed.
The LC Sound air sensor is sold to OEM tank truck builders around the world. It is designed to work with positive displacement pumps which have a pneumatic relief valve fitted.
- Fast response time (50ms)
- No moving parts
- Small size for ease of installation.
- Negligible pressure drop resulting in quick and economical deliveries
- React to emulsified air in the liquid(foam detect)
- No maintenance required
- Consistent accurate deliveries of metered fuels.
- Electromagnetic compatibility EMC 89/336/CEE and successive laws
- Explosive atmospheres ATEX 94/9/CE
- Recommendations OIML (International Organization for Legal Metrology) R 117
|Degree of Protection|||P67|
|ATEX Certification||Eexd II C T6|
|Storage certification||-40°C to 85°C (-40°F to 185 °F)|
|Operating Temperature||–20°C to 60°C (-4°F to 140°F)|
|Output||1 output relay E.M. (max 250V, 2°)|
|Intervention Time||50 ms|
|Weight||1 kg (2.20 lbs)|